• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi: Auto-Connect to Strongest?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
I've tried WiFi Buddy, WiFi Manager, Open WiFi, WiFinder, and a few others that I can't recall.

The desire is to have my N7000 Note automagically connect to the strongest WAP as I move through a building - dropping any weaker point in favor of a stronger one.

No user action, just quietly do it.

Has anybody found an app that will do this?

Doesn't it already do that? I move around my campus with my Galaxy S, and once it gets far enough from the connection to drop, it will automatically connect to the strongest one it recognizes. Of course all the connections are saved. It won't connect to unknown signals.

I think "drop" is the problem. A point may still be strong enough to be connected to, but transfer rate might be poor compared to a new point that isn't connected to yet bc the old one is still technically within range

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones