Wifi - B/G or B/G/N??Support

1. n3m3515

n3m3515 Active Member

So all the specs I see for the indulge list the Wifi as N capable..

I'm running DDWRT on a Cisco N router and cannot for the life of me get it to connect at N speeds.

I've tweak all the settings on the router I can find, even taking it back to single channel 20mhz mode and specifying the best open channel in my area. Still no go.. My laptops all connect at N speed, but can't get the Indulge to. Makes me wonder if it truly is N capable.

Has anyone ever been able to connect their indulge to an N router?

EDIT:
    Just found out from the Quick System App, that it's a BCM4329 chipset.
    Here is link to datasheet:
    http://pdf.eccn.com/pdfs/Datasheets/Broadcom/BCM4329.pdf

Interestingly enough it lists it as also having an integrated FM Radio tuner.
    Now to convince a dev to find a driver that allows the FM radio to incorporate into a ROM....
    hint.. hint.. ;)

N3M3515

Advertisement
  2. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Well-Known Member

If it was touted to have wireless N but not an FM receiver/transmitter it is probably a physically disabled part of the hardware in which case no driver would work. Regardless I'd love to see it working on my indulge if it really is in there!
  3. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Probably because the phone does not use 5ghz wireless-n. 2.4ghz wireless-n is not true wireless-n.
  4. n3m3515

n3m3515 Active Member

Redhook: I don't agree.. The spec sheet lists both 2.4 and 5 ghz.
    and even if it was only 2.4 ghz, my wife's laptop wifi only supports 2.4 and she can still get 130mbps.
    I can't seem to get anything over 54 mbps on the indulge.

N3M3515