• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi bar grey at home not at work

N

Nakeisha

Hi. I have a Blu Studio 5.0 phone. At work the wifi bars are blue but at home it is gray. I have tried turning off and turning on the router, airplane mode on my phone and nothing works. How is it that at work I don't have this problem? How do I fix it?

Try Going into your device Network settings and clearing the current home router Wi-Fi information from the device and then reboot your device. After the device has powered back on re-entry the Wi-Fi information back in its proper place with the correct password in the WiFi network settings in the device. After that turn on the device airplane mode with the device Wifi network enabled, then go to your device browser or Google store to see if you're getting a good Wi-Fi feed from your home router. Hope just helps....

Reactions: Nakypoo and badcatz
Upvote 0
Try Going into your device Network settings and clearing the current home router Wi-Fi information from the device and then reboot your device. After the device has powered back on re-entry the Wi-Fi information back in its proper place with the correct password in the WiFi network settings in the device. After that turn on the device airplane mode with the device Wifi network enabled, then go to your device browser or Google store to see if you're getting a good Wi-Fi feed from your home router. Hope just helps....
Hi. I contacted my network provider and i told them ur suggestion and BOOM its now BLUE!!! Turns out other customers were having the same issues but no one would really know how to do that except the network provider. Thanks much!!!!

Reactions: badcatz
Upvote 0
Hi. I contacted my network provider and i told them ur suggestion and BOOM its now BLUE!!! Turns out other customers were having the same issues but no one would really know how to do that except the network provider. Thanks much!!!![/QUOTE

If you've found my instructions helpful with your issues. Would you kindly mark it as( Best Answer) in this forum so others can read what to do if they find themselves facing similar issues...... Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones