• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi bluetooth 3g

thefoxhole

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
networking setup
My wireless router is on other the side of the house. My laptop gets a full signal and my phone gets one bar and constantly switches from wireless to 3g its annoying. I would like to use wifi when I am at home. Is there anyway to some how share my internet via usb wifi dongle or bluetooth from computer to phone. I am only reading about phone internet to computer. The only way I have gotten it to stay on wifi is if i turn on wireless and airplane mode. Maybe a possible setting in the phone could force wifi and turn off data or something. Also what is the use of bluetooth I cant even transfer files? It also seems like I am wanting to do everything backwards lol I want to be able to control my phone from my computer too but all the apps i find are phones controlling the computers!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones