WiFi + Bluetooth Headset = Flashing Screen/Unreliable WiFi

Last Updated:

1. grimloch

grimloch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My friend and I were both talking on our EVOs through BT headsets and we both experienced random flashing on/off of the screen. My wifi would not connect while I was on the phone. I reset my Evo and was able to connect to my wifi network, but again once I got on the phone with my friend my wifi connection became unreliable, and both our screens would randomly and intermittently flash on/off.

I had this same problem with my Treo Pro, and I'm guessing it's because both wifi and bt use 2.4ghz, but I know it works on other phones and was hoping it would be seamless with the Evo. My friend didn't seem to have any trouble with his wifi connection while on the phone, but he did experience the screen flashing, so I'm thinking that's a phone bug, but I'm not sure what to think about the wifi connection issue.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? Doesn't seem like too many people use wifi and talk on a BT headset at the same time...

Advertisement
  2. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

When making a phone call i think the screens supposed to flash on and off when in call.i think when u move the phone it comes back on when u take the phone away from your ear. I could be wrong but that's what i took it as. Mines been doing it too but i kinda liked it so I didn't pay it any attention.

3. grimloch

grimloch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll have to double-check, but I don't believe the screen does that when you're talking on bluetooth, and either way we could both tell it wasn't supposed to be happening.

4. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

The phone is equipped with a proximity sensor that's supposed to help with usability in voice calls (disabling the screen when you put it near your face to minimize accidental button presses, enables the screen when you take it away from your face).

You're right in your assumption that it should not be working while using Bluetooth (I had this happen to me earlier, as well). A slight software overlook that I'm hoping will be fixed with an OTA sometime down the line.

5. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member

I just tried right no and I have no issues. No screen flashing while talking on my blue-tooth headset and using WiFi.