WIFI cinnected in samsung galxy ace but unable to surf the internetSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-22 20:50:25
  1. shanoj

shanoj Member

i am using Samsung galaxy ace ginger bread2.3. i had connected my device with wifi and showing full signal strength. but when i try to browse , browsing error.. web page not available. how to solve the issue.?

Restoring with factory setting is not recommended .

Advertisement
  2. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just a wild guess, but have you set your home page? If not, the browser won't "know where to go". Open the Internet, press menu softkey, press "More", then "Settings", and scroll down to "Set home page".
  3. shanoj

shanoj Member

home page already set to google.even google page also not opening...
  4. shanoj

shanoj Member

its not working out
  5. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Have you been able to open the web page before or is this the first time? I only get this message when I don't have an internet connection. Sorry, I don't have any other idea. Is it only wifi that causes the problem? Does it work when you use packet data instead of wifi??
  6. shanoj

shanoj Member

thanks marcha for the solution

but problem persist only with wifi, through packet data i can browse the pages.

anyone can help ..
  7. Redspooks

Redspooks Member

Has your wifi router got a password? When I needed to use wifi when I got my phone, I had to put in router/connection password.
  8. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

You're right saying you have to give your password the first time you're using your wifi. That's why I was asking Shanoj if he/she had used wifi before or not. I never got an answer to that question though. Also, I wonder if the signal strength he or she was talking about, was indeed the wifi signal or the phone's network signal. Still don't have a clue.