Wifi "connect" button grayed outSupport

Last Updated:

1. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

I need to connect to a wireless network that is secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK, which requires a password of seven characters, comprised of six lowercase letters and one numeral. When I attempt to connect the Galaxy S2 sees the network and offers to connect to it, but the "Connect" button remains grayed out unless I type at least eight characters. Of course, that would give the wrong password. It's not my network, so I can't change the required password, and asking the owners of the network to reset the password to at least eight characters would mess up all their other customers.

This is lame. Please tell me there is a setting somewhere to change this behavior.

Advertisement
  2. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

My password is the key # on the bottom of my router, which is 10 digit #. And yeah, it stays grey until I reach 8 digits. But that's just how mine works.
  3. MikeJwF

MikeJwF Member

I came across this thread because I'm having the same problem with my GS3, the only thing that solved it was installing a WiFi manager app from the market and connecting through that.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

WPA/WPA2 passwords have to be between 8 and 63 characters. Are you certain you have the correct password/key?