Wifi connected but not routing dataSupport

Last Updated:

1. andythom

andythom New Member This Topic's Starter

I have just upgraded to Android 2.1 on Orange(UK). When I connect to wifi (home WEP and open), it says I am connected - shows IP address etc, but nothing actually works through the wifi - can't synch Exchange email, can't download from market, won't even update location on Google Maps. If I switch wifi off everything works fine over mobile network, but that is insustainable due to data charges.
    Anybody got any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Assuming it worked prior to the upgrade, have you any other AP connections stored? If so try "forgetting" i.e. deleting all connections, reboot the handset and then reconnecting to your home AP.

3. andythom

andythom New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response - I have tried your suggestion with no joy. I have also tried changing security settings on the router (all options), still the same. It worked fine before 2.1 and I havent changed anything else.

4. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

+1, having this same problem on Android right now, with HTC incredible

5. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Do you happen to have a MAC filter on your router?

6. talal

talal New Member

Ok seems like im havin the same problem. i got froyo update 2.2 on my desire and since then my wifi started acting up ..i did the factory reset three times .formatted the sd card three times still not able to connect to the internet. My wifi shows its connected to the phone but i cant connect to anything.. wondering if you fixed this problem with ur phone.
    Thanks