Wifi connected speed issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. ZeroCold

ZeroCold New Member

Hi everybody,
    This is my first post here, so be indulgent ..
    I am an happy owner of a Tab 2 10.1, but still I switch on my tab for the first time I have an issue with Wifi connection.

I have an AP TP-Link 2,4 Ghz 300 Mb/s and no problem with my Laptop connected between 150 and 300 in the room.
    The Issue is my Tab 2 won't connect over 65 Mb/s even close to the AP.
    I use same SSID , same encryption WPA2/AES Personal, and there are no interference into the 2,4 radio band. (My house is far from ...)
    I have tried everything , moving AP channel, Tab Channel, same problem, my Tab 2 stick at 65 Mb/s at maximum witch is not Wifi g = 54 Mb/s.

Does someone has an explanation ?, I am lost.

2. mrdobie

mrdobie New Member

I foud wifi boost and it fixed the problem for me,
  3. TheSlab

TheSlab New Member

What is wifi boost? Is this a device or software?
  4. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

application available from Playstore
  5. Bosbouer

Note: Having searched play store I have found most of the WiFi boosters to be bogus amplifiers stating in the the description "prank apps" or "placebo"

6. TheSlab

TheSlab New Member

Same thing here. Downloaded and installed WiFi Booster PRO v2 and the only thing it did was send junk messages. NO performance improvment at all and when I tried to review it, it would not accept my negative rating!

ANYTHING that DOES work?
  7. Bosbouer

Once I read through the descriptions, I did not download any of the free apps. Sorry can't help here.
  8. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

The best way to get the fastest connection speed (drum roll please) is to be close enough to it. :D J/k Sounds more like an issue with the router. Your tab has the ability to connect at Wireless N speeds, but thats only if your router supports it.
  9. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member