• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WIFI connection drops out

VictorE01

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Hi there,

Recently (2 days ago) I updated my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android version 4.1.2. I'm able to connect to any WIFI router except the one at my work. It will connect, but when I open an Internet page or try to refresh my Twitter Timeline the connection will drop and my phone will use my 3G connection. If it takes a while to open an internet page my phone will reconnect with the WIFI untill it drops again.

At my work we use a router of EnGenius. Does anyone know if these type of routers are not supported by the new Android 4.1.2?

Hmm that is a very strange problem for you have good coverage on the wifi connection? That's the only time I have seen my phone drop wifi like that. Also are you sure the authentication has finished completely? Usually if there is data pull while the wifi is not completely authenticated it will drop to attempt the Web page load. Also one more thing try it on another wifi just to make sure there isn't something weird on your work connection if the connection works on another place there is something wrong with your work and there may be authentication things that need to be inputted into your awesome galaxy s2!

Upvote 0
Hi VictorE01. Welcome to the forums. I checked out some enGenius routers on the J&R Electronics Store site just to see if there was anything special about these routers that would preclude their use with an s2 with Jellybean. I couldn't see anything that would stop you from using them at home or work. I have to agree with alextop30 though. You need to check with your offices's IT person to make sure your setup properly on your work network. Very rarely will an office leave their network wide open to the public if they have any sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones