Support Wifi connection on e-pad android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by madechow, Oct 11, 2010.

1. madechow

madechow Member

Oct 10, 2010
    hi i just bought eh e-pad android 10.1" but i m trying to connect to wifi but always cant who can guide me on this issue ....thks

Advertisement
  2. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    You need to be a bit more specific in what you have to narrow it down so we know which of a good number of 10" tablets you bought... there are at least 3 variants with different processors and manufacturers that I can quickly think of and all can look very similar... the ZT-180 tablets that I have are sold under a least a half dozen different names but are all the same tablet and until the very latest formware update (0929) were Very tempermental connecting to WiFi especially if WEP Open security was the one being used... is you you change your security to None/Open for testing that would be where to start... WPA and None have always connected okay... WEP with Shared (vs. Open) works on latest firmwares also...

3. madechow

madechow Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Hi

that means if i m using WEP i got to open the security that its the only way isit???

4. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Well I have None, WEP Shared key, and WPA working on latest firmware... WEP Open key was only that didn't work for me.

5. madechow

madechow Member

Oct 10, 2010
    latest firmware??? may i check where to download all the latest appt ?? may be its the firmware...thks:)

6. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    If you do inded have a ZT-180 tablet then the th latest firmware is linked of the this thread in the extensive section we have for these tablets over on Slatedroid.

New Android Firmware 0926/0929 released

7. madechow

madechow Member

Oct 10, 2010
    thks i should try to download the firmware n see how it goes....thks

8. madechow

madechow Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Hi one more question.... how to download the Firmware?? can guide??? sorry to trouble....thks

9. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Start out with the New User thread over there... and Omen;s ZT-180 Wiki referenced from it... should answer most of your questions and more...

A ZT-180 FAQ & Lessons learned - Noobs visit here first!

madechow likes this.