Wifi Connection ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. H0P5

H0P5 New Member

Please help.

I bought the Incredible S, and my girlfriend the Desire S. We love them. We didnt have any problems connecting to our wifi indoors. Over the last 6 months I have bolted onto numerous wifi spots and never found it more complicated than scan, connect, enter password - which is convenient as I am not especially techy.

However, we went abroad recently, and in the wifi area of the hotel our phones could see the wifi, connect to it, but not be able to load pages or access the internet. We spoke to a number of other people who had varying handsets and laptops, and it was only our HTC phones with the problem. We asked a local IT guy and after mucking about with our phones, he got them working. Awesome.

Now I am back home I am finding I am having that same problem at home. Our phones see the internet, bolt onto it, but are unable to return pages. We have numerous other devices in the house we have disconnected and reconnected to the wifi without problem, and we have even taken another device from our house to a local coffee shop and connected to the wifi there without problem, but the phones are not having it.

The friendly foreign IT man must of changed something in the phone settings somewhere meaning it worked in that country but now doesnt back home, but I didnt ask him what he was doing. I assumed everything would be ok when I got home.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks so much!

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

After reading your story I wish I could just snap my fingers and make everything ok. Unfortunately... this is the real world and things don't work that way. If the device shows that it's connected but doesn't render the pages, then technically...it didn't. Obviously there is a settings or radio issues going on. Why don't you take the phones in for a diagnostic checkup to find out what is causing the problem. I would love to hear that you have gotten the issue resolved. Keep in touch. Good luck! :)
  3. VikasKumar

VikasKumar New Member

Yesterday i bought new Incredible S with android 2.2. I was able to connect to wi-fi but was not able to access the internet but i found resolution that i need to push the wi-fi access point for 5 sec, I tried and did work.
    Then I upgraded to 2.3.5 successfully. No issues but same problem, able to connect to wi-fi but not able access internet. Tried everything but no success.
    If any one faced such issue then please help.

4. VikasKumar

VikasKumar New Member

I took my mobile to service center and there they fixed some software bug and updated some radio files which fixed the issue. Now i am able to connect and can access internet using wi-fi.
  5. Liam15

Liam15 New Member

My incredible s has a wifi problem too!

In 'Wireless & networks' in settings, the wifi says 'Scanning'....it then picks up my saved work wifi and a few seconds later it says 'Disconnected'. It repeats this constantly.

I have tried restarting the phone, didnt work
    I then tried powering off the phone, didnt work

Can any one help me on this issue.

Many thanks in advance