wifi connection problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. pebbles

pebbles New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my desire for a couple of months, love the phone and have had no problems until now, since yesterday im unable to connect to the net, face book, market place etc via wifi. I can connect if wifi is disabled and i switch to network 3g coverage.
    All was fine since yesterday.

I use a virgin wifi connection, and ps3, laptop and other phones are able to connect fine.

can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Install wifi analyzer from market to check for channel congestion - the most likely cause.

3. pebbles

Thanks will give it a try :)

4. mclemme

mclemme Active Member

Fiddling with the settings of your wireless router might also help the signal.

I had similar problems with my HTC Hero and my HTC Desire, wrote a small blog entry about it because several friends were asking about what I did to fix it.

blog.jir.dk HTC Hero and Wifi Connectivity Issues

5. pebbles

Tried the wifi analyzer, which showed only two other connections, changed the channels on my router from 6 to1, 11 and then auto still no connection. Will continue to read your blog mclemme and try fiddling with the advanced settings.
    Fingers crossed it will do the trick.

Will keep posted with progress.

Many thanks :)

6. droidphil

droidphil New Member

I have been having the same problem with not being able to gt onto my homes WiFi. I can at my local McDs and at the office but not at home. Rather than mess with the routers settings I just reset it... and now I am back on.
    The odd thing is that my laptop never had a problem.
    The Phone is a Huawei IDEOS X5.

7. togger161

togger161 Well-Known Member

I had problems in the past with different phones (PDA's) and wifi connections. They would work at first, then stop after a day or so. It would require a router reboot to get them working again. I suspected the problem was with the router so replaced it, ended up with the same problem.

My solution (though not sure it's the best way) was to set the router up as unsecured. I don't bother with any of the passkey WEP WPA etc. I go in to the router and enable mac address filtering and have entered the mac address for all of the wifi devices in the house - Wii, 3xPC's, 2X Android phones, 3x Nintendo DS's etc etc.

All of these devices now connect straight away to the wifi. If anything has to be wiped, update the roms etc there is no messing about with the wifi setting either. It has cured my issue.

You can have great fun changing the SSID too, for example "Police Surveillance Unit" May keep the nosey neighbours occupied too.