• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi connection question..

Aikidoka

Lurker
Dec 27, 2010
hey guys,

i just got my samsung galaxy s, man i love it very much!

i just have a few question, please fill me in..

1. how can i update from 2.1 to 2.2 version?

2. i have a wifi connection at home.. can i browse internet and download apps unlimited and not be get extra charge for over the limit usage? as long as i am connected within my wifi range?

i am only allowed 200mb per month, will this be affected? i don't wanna pay extra of what i am doing online..

3. i am from canada ontario, with rogers.. is there apps that will tell me how much usage of internet i am using?

guys, please sorry for my english.. i know it's bad, but i tried my very best..

thanks for reading..

Download samsung Kies from the samsung website and enjoy the painful hours of trying to make it work to update to 2.2 :p also when you update you will want to also factory reset your phone afterwords.

For your wifi you can connect without being charged as its nothing to do with your provider, its to do with your ISP for your internet at home. Theres no risk of your phone company charging you for downloading via wifi unless your phone provider has some very strange rules. Im guessing your 200mb /month will be your 3G data allowance, thats unrelated to your wifi. Some providers (like Orange in the UK) have apps so you can see how much of your data allowance you have used over the month. Theres probably also other 3rd party apps to check I guess.

This is an App called 3G Watchdog for tracking Data

Hope this clears some stuff up for you

Upvote 0
Not sure if I am in the right area but anyway here is my problem. Just got a Samsung GT-I9000 with firmware version 2.2 for Christmas (yipppeeee). Yesterday my wifi was working OK (just OK as it came and went all day). Today I cannot get it at all, and all of my other devices (PC's, other phones etc) are working correctly. I have tried everything I know and it still does not work. It is a dud???, do I need to bring the phone back??? help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones