Wifi connection question..Support

1. BIONICLE38

BIONICLE38 Guest

How come this phone doesn't connect to AT&T wifi hotspots?
    It connects to other hotspots but not AT&T's.
    Why is that?

Advertisement
  2. buddha99

buddha99 New Member

they're the competition
  3. acraftylady

acraftylady Well-Known Member

Mcdonalds uses AT&T and I have traveled all over and not one bit of trouble connecting in any Mcdonalds so I don't think that can be true. Only place I can't connect is AT&T inside barnes and noble but my tablet connects there fine and other peoples phones connect there. I click and nothing happens. Since the update I do get the pop up now but nothing still happens and it just won't connect. What happens when you try to connect and at what place are you trying to connect? Mary
  4. Brucebanner14

Brucebanner14 New Member

AT&T probably has a process of only having at&t devices connect to there internet or hotspots!
  5. acraftylady

I doubt it because at Barnes and Noble sprint and Verizon can connect and my kindle fire can connect it's just my T-Mobile phone that won't, also trac phone connects fine too with AT&T wifi, Same goes for McDonalds and they use AT&T but my phone connects at McDonald just not to AT&T in Barnes and noble for some reason. Besides if they made their wifi just for AT&T phones the store would have to have something posted I would think to alert people of that wouldn't they? Mary
  6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

When you try to connect to the hotspot, open your browser and see if there is some kind of agreement you need to click. I know the one McDonalds near me does this. I can't get internets until I open the browser and agree. :)

Hopefully that's it, otherwise I'm out of ideas.
  7. rickey2

rickey2 Active Member

The issue has been resolved now it works just fine,.I go to starbucks every morning and connect to ATT right awy.
  8. acraftylady

What did you do to fix it? I haven't been able to get to barnes and noble since the update to try mine. Mary
  9. BIONICLE38

BIONICLE38 Guest

Just go to settings>WiFi>Add WiFi Network and type "attwifi" and should work.
    It might not work at first but after a few tries it should.
    Good Luck
  10. acraftylady

Ok tried again this other day and it still won't connect so will try your suggestion and see if that solves it. Mary
  11. acraftylady

I tried your suggestion and it connected in barnes and noble to AT&T perfectly, thank you for sharing that. Mary