• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi connectivity issues - airport express

cmagie

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
Hi all,

Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere but I haven't been able to find it, so...

I have a new Droid Incredible. I am trying to get it set up, configured, etc., and was trying to connect to my home WiFi network. I have an airport express (in bridge mode) connected to a router. The router is connected to my cable modem via ethernet, and also connected to my Mac desktop via ethernet. My Incredible can see my home network, but when I try to connect it hangs at the "acquiring IP address" stage and eventually fails. I know my phone is functional, because it connects fine to the wireless network at work. I know my home network is fine, because I can connect to it via my laptop no problem.

I'm sure there is some setting that I am messing up, but I'm pretty naive about networking issues, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

I did double-check the settings on my airport express... MAC address access control is not enabled, the password is WEP 128-bit, and the channel is auto-selected. I also checked the security settings on my phone to see if there was anything I could adjust there, but didn't think there was anything that would affect wifi connectivity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones