wifi connectivity issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. dajuke

dajuke Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, asking even though I see a couple threads for the hero on this issue because none of them address exactly what is giong on with my Moment.

So I had some media issues and swapped phones at the sprint store, and that went away. Nearly everything is great now, save for this one tiny thing.

When I visit my wife's office my phone wont connect to their office wifi. My phone has no issue using our home wifi (which requires a password) and the Sprint Store's open wifi. It also connects to the open wifi at the local library. The reason I am curious about her office wifi is that she got a Hero when I got my Moment, and her Hero connects to her office wifi with no issue. So I am wondering if there is some setting I should change on my Moment to connect. My phone will see her connection, and it says the signal is fair. It then says "connecting", but is unsuccessful and stops after a minute or so.

IF there are any ideas, it would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll just stick to the slower 3g when I am at her office. Thanks much!!

Advertisement
  2. dajuke

dajuke Member This Topic's Starter

So after a bit more playing around, it seems my wifi acts up when I try to log into a public wifi that still requires a password. When I have used these places with my laptop or an ipod touch the browser would automatically redirect me to their login page. With the moment it seems like it doesn't redirect, and since it's then not authorized it loses all connectivity and that's when it starts acting funny. Is there a way to make it find the login page for public wifi areas? Or do I need to somehow find the actual website and manually type it in? Any actual public wifi such as panera doesn't seem to have this issue.

Thanks again.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Chances are if the connection doesnt hold long enough for you to get a browser open it wont redirect to the EULA page for the hotspot to accept their terms. Your best bet would be to find the url (should be easy enough from another device aka a laptop when you connect) and try it manually. Had this same issue with a PSP at the local mall.