• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Connectivity problems?

aces67

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
We bought 2 Samsung Captivates on Friday. They connected great to At&T's Hotspot but when we got them home they won't stay connected to my home network. It literally takes 20 tries to get it to connect and then after 2 minutes it kicks you off again.

I can't change the settings on my router b/c It's a Mifi Hotspot. I thought maybe it was my network- Even though I have 2 laptops, The WIi and my son's PSP hooked to it and they all work fine, so I took the phone's out to try on other networks. Our local school has 4 networks. It picked up all 4 and connected to one for a minute and then dropped off again. The computer technology lady there told me to bring them both back b/c that's not right. She has an Iphone and it connects just fine.

Then I was surfing the internet and it looks like we're not the only ones having this issue. Is it fixable? I took mine back yesterday and I'm ordering an Iphone. My husband still has his but he's getting aggravated b/c he can't connect to our network so he's thinking of rerturning his also.

Any tips/advice?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones