• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi connects but wont allow internet access

itchydroid

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
hello newbie here. i have a year and half old unrooted optimus 3d. I am on susspended cell service for 3 weeks. wifi was working. it just stopped one day. it reads as connected but it wont allow any internet access. only at a store i got access after agreeing to their little licensing blurb on my browser. at home no go. I reset router. i did soft reboot then factory reset. still no go. I imput router password. now it just trys to authenticate and disables every time. conected to neighbours linksys. staying connected no password however still wont allow internet access. Please help!!! I not to tech savy there has to be a way to fix this situation??? ps my wifi is on never sleep. nothing i try works.

I would suggest going into your settings and removing or forgetting the connection to your router. Then start from scratch.. looking for a wifi and then inputting your security pass word etc. See if that gains something. If not, you may need to reset your router. Search the net for the procedure to reset your router and follow the instructions. I hope this helps you get your connection back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones