Wifi connects, gets IP but won't load anythingSupport

Last Updated:

1. afail

afail Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought my Epic over the weekend, love it so far.

However, the WIFI will connect, obtain an IP address but doesn't work. Pages wont load, marketplace wont connect etc.

Home network is WPA2 TKIP and AES
    Work network is wide open

I tried kicking it into airplane mode and then turning airplane mode off, doesn't seem to matter.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, afail.

I've moved your question to the Epic support area.

There are a lot of settings in the network's router itself that could be causing your connection issues; the SSID not being broadcast, the MAC addresses being filtered, etc. You'd have to have access to the router's settings and look things over to remedy the problem if that is where it's coming from.

If all is well with the router/network, then your phone may just need to be rebooted once the wifi settings are correct.

3. afail

Thanks

SSID is being broadcast and MAC's are not being filtered. Anything else I could try?

4. afail

Wifi is working now. But sometimes it takes a few cycles of turning the radio off and on, is this normal?

5. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Not normal. I was having the same problem with my Ipad, I reset the Wifi device and it started to work fine again. I have AT&T Uverse, I just unplugged the power and plugged in again. Might want to give that a try.