Wifi connects on startup , but cannot reconnect ! Please help!Support

Last Updated:

1. peterabelard

peterabelard Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 9, 2010
    I've been using my htc wildfire in my home wifi network without any problems until today. I noticed that the phone was disconnected, so I have restarted wifi in the settings. The phone attempted to reconnect to my home network, but only got to the point of "Obtaining IP address from...". Afterwards, it says "Unsuccesful". And from that point, it will retry and once in a while manage to connect (although it happens in about 1 of 20 attempts).

The only thing I can do to restore wifi is to restart my phone. This is the weird part. On startup, it connects instantly and works just fine. Every time! Then, when I turn wifi off and on, it is almost impossible to reconnect.
    I have not changed any settings on my phone or router - my laptop connects perfectly fine as always. So what the hell?

In the meantime, I have installed two apps - Tasker and Poweramp. Poweramp has obviously nothing to do it (or maybe?..), but I had an instance of Tasker causing the problem (at least that was apparently the cause) - when I used the "wifi connected" profile, it would also get stuck on the "Obtaining IP' part.

However, I disabled it and everything went back to normal yesterday. I've even uninstalled Tasker and Poweramp, but the same thing happens anyway. Anyway - these 2 apps are the only thing that changed in the entire setting.

At the moment I managed to connect to wifi (once it's connected it works flawlessly...) - it seems its more likely to connect AT THE MOMENT at which I disconnect wifi on my laptop. It seems its impossible to connect either when the laptop is online or not. The laptop however seems unlikely to be the cause of the issue (causing address conflicts etc.), as the problem was the same before I even turned it on... And actually, it seems disconnecting and reconnecting it helps my phone in getting online. WTF?

This is really really weird. I've been using the same setting and hardware for more than a month and never had such issues. Any guesses?

Thank you for your time

update: I have tried restarting the router and yes, the password is correct.

update2: now it's verified: each time after I restart the router, I can connect to the wifi instantly. I just cannot reconnect.

uppdate3: the phone isvisible on the ip list on my routers configuration page, still it won't reconnect. WHY?