• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi constantly dropping

Hawker

Android Expert
Aug 2, 2011
UK
www.celica.talktalk.net
Her indoors has had this Note for almost 2 years now without any problems, but a strange problem has started over this last week, whereby internet connection keeps dropping.

The wifi icon is still in the statusbar with full bars, but no internet. the activity arrows only light up rarely. If I switch wifi off, then internet resumes with 3G. Sometimes turning wifi back on fixes it temporarily, but more often than not, a reboot is required. Wifi sleep policy on the handset is set to never sleep.

Nothing at all has changed in my router's config, but I tried changing channel numbers (currently on a totally free channel), AES/TKIP encription, channel widths etc. but this didn't resolve the problem. I'll try giving it a static ip address when I get home but I don't hold much hope.

All other devices in my home connects to the home router without a problem.
Her Note connects to her works router without a problem! :thinking:
I even tried a factory reset, and the problem is still there.

As her Note connects to the router at work ok, this suggests a home router problem, but its only started happening this last week in the last 2 years, and like I said, all other handsets/laptops/printers at home connect without a problem, so I'm a little confused!

I was wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar issue, and if you managed to get it resolved.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones