• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WIFI Crashing all the time now since 2.2 update

I couldn't find the sleep policy in the phone settings. Where is that?

It freezes/crashes when I am using it or when the screen is off. It seems that it can't handle the wireless n speed at my house which goes up to about 22mbps (not a lot really) as I am at my gf's place where her wireless n speeds only go up to about 5.5 mbps and it works perfectly fine.

Do you think knocking it down to wireless g would help?

Upvote 0
I couldn't find the sleep policy in the phone settings. Where is that?

It freezes/crashes when I am using it or when the screen is off. It seems that it can't handle the wireless n speed at my house which goes up to about 22mbps (not a lot really) as I am at my gf's place where her wireless n speeds only go up to about 5.5 mbps and it works perfectly fine.

Do you think knocking it down to wireless g would help?

You can find it under Menu/Settings/Wireless & networks/Wifi Settings. Tap the menu button and click 'Advanced'. It's there under 'Wifi sleep policy'.

I don't think the speed of your connection will be the problem: my download speed is over 30mbps and I don't have a problem at all.
Since you don't have any problems at your gf's place the problem might be the configuration of your router.

Your router must be 802.11 n/g/(b), because the Milestone only has 802.11g radio. Don't think this is the problem either because my router is like that as well.

You could try to set up only the 802.11g radio on your router. You could also check 'Transmittion Rate' (put it on automatic) and the channel that you're using (might have a lot of traffic of other wireless channels in your neighbourhood messing with the signal (but then your connection would drop on your pc as well).

Reactions: monsterduc1000
Upvote 0
Still having some issues with this and the downloads from DroidTv and some of the bigger updates/downloads from the market as well as YouTube streaming at times.. Regular web browsing is fine.

I have tried every configuration possible in the router settings, running only g, running only n, running a mix of g and n, going through all the channels, enabling auto channel scan, everything I could think of (I even called dlink customer support and they couldn't figure it out either) and it still freezes with the bigger downloads. And since it is only this router my phone seems to be having issues with, I have resigned it as a router issue.

If any one has solved a similar issue could you please help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones