WiFi Cutting offSupport

Last Updated:

1. ggrant3876

ggrant3876 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I searched but didn't exactly what I need. When I connect to my home network the connection will last from 15 to 60 seconds, then disconnect.
    When I try to reconnect I get a message that says the network is remembered but out of range and I am sitting right next to it. If I refresh the router it will connect again for a short time.
    Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

We need more information about the router to be able to help you here, what encryption are you using on the router? Make and model of the router?

3. ggrant3876

The router is a Belkin N1 and the security is WPA-PSK.

4. softwaretech

softwaretech Member

From my experience, I've learned if I'm downloading large items from itunes (i.e. movies or a large number of songs), that'll use up a chunk of bandwidth and continuously knock me off my home wifi using my G1. I've learned to simply schedule my downloads during a time when I know no one else will be using the internet.

That's one possible reason you're getting knocked off. You'll need to share moree like how many devices are using your wifi @ the same time. Something else to consider are your wifi router settings.

5. ggrant3876

Downloaded WiFi lock from the Market and haven't had a problem since.

6. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I wonder if your router has the latest firmware on it, I had a quick smurf of the tinterweb and found that upgrading the firmware on routers allows newer devices to connect. A few Android users had similar issues and updating the router firmware fixes them. I've never had to update router firmware before, so I don't know of the implications about stored settings etc.

Great that you have found a fix for this btw, could you change the title of this thread to say [Solved] at the end?