wifi data usage going up why??...not using the phone!

Last Updated:

1. naths

naths Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Could someone please tell me why when im sat at home with a wireless network my usage according to netcounter is climbing all the time...not worried when im on wifi...but what about when im on mobile network?...is it background data?..surely you can switch background data off and manually refresh when you need to??...how do i turn background data off??

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I've noticed when you unlock the phone wifi turns back on, then seems to send data.

What it is, why or how much I have no idea.

3. naths

mine stays switched off when i unlock it...its just that when i was sat down earlier this evening i was just playing with the phone had a look at netcounter and the wifi usage had shot up from earlier from around 3mb to to 17mb....on wifi i couldnt care less but if im out and about and on 3g and it goes up like that my data usage is going to be horrendus!!...iv come from a iphone 3gs and all the apps such as facebook,mail,ebay etc i used to refresh manually when i wanted, i just switched off push notifications..surely u can do the same on the Desire and just manually refresh the app your looking at,not have them automatically refresh and use data...anyone help here??

4. azz

azz Well-Known Member

You can mate, go on to settings and then go to account and synch. And turn it off from there :)

5. naths

lol...just found it to...there is more to this phone than meets the eye..brilliant bit of kit...best choice iv made..lol...i hope...lets see tomorrow out and about on 3g tomorrow will report back and see..thanks for the info though

6. azz

azz Well-Known Member

:) nice one mate, I love this phone as well I just hope group comes out as I am lacking space.

7. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

Good you found it, I just posted this in the other thread :D

8. azz

azz Well-Known Member

I meant group not groups haha, curse you predictive text