wifi dead after OTA update to 2.10.405.20?Support

Last Updated:

1. veloce

veloce Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I have spent the better part of a day with this and still am without functioning wi-fi.
    Let me summarise:
    • decided to flash my Orange branded Desire with the stock Froyo RUU on Friday eve.
    • created goldcard, downloaded RUU, all went well and very quickly. Noticeable battery life improvement with Froyo, even smoother when scrolling etc etc. All good.
    • Stupidly this morning, I decide to check for an update, without my goldcard inserted. Installed update to 2.10.405.20. Wifi dies
    • I tried instructions to revert back to stock 2.1, using same goldcard. I had issues with this so had to create new goldcard on a new sdcard.
    • after numerous attempts I finally was able to start the update only for the bootloader screen to display CID error: update fail!
    I know this has been answered on various forums (including here) but the info is now so disjointed and has not been update in about 3 weeks, that I feel a little lost now.

software spec:

H boot - 0.92.0001
    radio - 5.09.00.20
    software - 2.10.405.20
    webkit - 3.1
    baseband - 32.43.00.320_5.09.00.20

can someone please offer some help? I simply want to revert back to stock 2.1 again, find an RUU to get back up to froyo again, and this time, ignore the (seemingly insignificant) update that caused my wifi to fall over!

sorry for the long-winded account also folks;)

Advertisement
  2. veloce

veloce Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have now managed to successfully revert back to 2.1.

I am now running software version 1.21.405.2.

And my next issue is, I have bricked my phone! Requesting a sim unluck code which I bought late last night. However, after powering off phone, and inserting another (non-Orange) sim, the phone is now not requesting sim unlock code.
    I have tried this with the orange sim and non-orange sim repeatedly but the phone has ceased to request sim unlock code (which it was doing last night).

Just got into work, connected to wifi, and lo and behold, update to 2.2 is available OTA for me to download!

Help please, as currently I have a