Wifi dead after root + Wireless tether install

Last Updated:

1. Stockmoose16

Stockmoose16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed the leaked OTA, rooted my phone, and installed wireless tether, but now my phone will no longer switch out of 3g and into Wifi mode? What gives?

Advertisement
  2. madmax03

madmax03 New Member

I had the same issue. After spending hours not being able to fix it I went back to the android recovery image I created before installing the OTA, re-rooted, installed wireless tether and all is good again. I think I'll leave the leak alone for now.

3. madmax03

madmax03 New Member

I had the same issue. After spending hours not being able to fix it I went back to the android recovery image I created before installing the OTA, re-rooted, installed wireless tether and all is good again. I think I'll leave the leak alone for now.

4. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

My only advice is to stay away from the leaked OTA. But I would take madmax03's advice and restore a backup... I hope you did a Nandroid backup!

5. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

I think I have a similar issue. Not sure if I am running on Wifi or 3G, but if I turn off "mobile network" I have not internet connection and do have Wifi on. It finds my network and it asked me for a WEP key before I ever rooted. Now I think it is connected but not internet.

I didn't install OTA leak but I did root.