Wifi Difficulties

Last Updated:

1. shadow300z

shadow300z Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having trouble getting WiFi on the Vibrant to work well? Mine seems to be very sporadic, even when I'm right next to my router. I can't get any of the remote desktop/file serving applications to work either on my home network.

Not sure what the problem is, I've got a Linksys WRT54GL with the latest version of Tomato.

Advertisement
  2. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member

Mine works great, though it was a pain to add the long hex wep key. But once that was in and the connection setit just works great. Turn on wifi and instant connection.

3. Cycrow

Cycrow Member

is there a way for it to automatically switch to wi-fi? for example when you get home have it go from 3g to wi-fi without doing anything

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

The only way to do that is by leaving WiFi on at all times, and you wouldn't want that as it would drain the battery by constantly looking for a WiFi signal. Keep it off unless you need to use it. TouchWiz has actually done something good by adding it to the notification bar for quick access.

5. Cycrow

Cycrow Member

i've been keeping the wifi off for battery purposes also,

just wondering if you could do that, I don't see an option for it to automatically connect to a specified wifi connection though.

when I have the scanning wifi on it will pick up available networks, but it won't connect to them unless I do it manually

6. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Interesting... you should have two options when your phone detects a signal... "Connect" and "Add". If you select Add, it should automatically connect to it every time it's in range and your WiFi is enabled.

If that's not working, go to the nearest store and get a new one before the 14 days are up.

7. Cycrow

Cycrow Member

so after you connect for the first time, every time after that it will use your wifi instead of 3g then?

for example I connect to home network for first time. go to work and come home and it will automatically use the wifi when I get home instead of 3g?

Edit:
    nvm: got it to do it automatically without having to input anything

8. hej

hej Member

I haven't had any issues with mine. The times I have had issues with wifi in general, I fixed it by changing the encryption that was used. But this was usually just a matter of getting connected initially, not keeping it going once I got on.