wifi direct s beam problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. carpdoctor

carpdoctor Member

I have a S3 and don't have much luck with wifi direct. I have nfc and sbeam/wifi direct turned on. I open a pic and hit the share icon, then wifi direct icon. It says scanning for devices. I have my phone back to back with a friends s3 and it says no device found. He has nfc and sbeam on also.

but, if I try and send a pic and he tries to send a pic at the same time ( both phones are scanning for devices) the phones will see each other. There has to be a better way to send stuff between phones. The commercial make is look so easy. LOL

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Don't know if it makes a difference, but the phone back-to-back file transfer doesn't need wifi direct enabled. Just the NFC and the Android Beam and S-beam. (That's the way I have tried it anyway:) )

I have not tried the wifi direct but I would assume both devices need to be on the same wifi network??
  3. carpdoctor

carpdoctor Member

I have a US cellular version S3 the Sbeam and the wifi direct are tied to the same slider. I have a nfc on slider and a sbeam/wifi direct slider. I think that wifi direct goes phone to phone. I just want to be able to transfer pics phone to phone witout it being a pain in the a$$.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Ah, gotcha...just curious....When you click on NFC --see my pic:

Do you get the option to turn on Android Beam?...see pic

5. carpdoctor

carpdoctor Member

I don't have android beam on my phone. Just nfc and wifi direct/sbeam. When I turn on nfc then I am able to turn on sbeam/wifi direct.
  6. iPredator

iPredator Well-Known Member

Well as I have seen on my sprint s3 android beam turns on automaticly with nfc with that being said I never use wifi direct or s beamed pictures but I no with music all I do is turn on s beam and nfc go find the song then touch it to a buddies s3 with sbeam nfc turned on and it asks me if I want to send
  7. richs10

richs10 Active Member

I have transferred web pages and a full song to another SG3 without any problems. Just place the two phones back to back and they automatically recognize each other. I guess that's the "near field communication". A button comes up to start the transfer. Easy peasy. And the transfer of the song was lightening fast.

On the File Sharing/DLNA, my phone took forever to "organize the files for transfer" but it eventually finished. Do it at night before you go to bed.