wifi directGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Amaeloeze

Amaeloeze Well-Known Member

Does this tablet have it? If so how do i access it because i'm not seeing it in settings?

Advertisement
  2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

Click on the menu while displaying the wi-fi list.
  3. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

Does not seem to connect to anything since it still will not connect to an adhoc network or even see one. Was there included with the last OS update a newer user manual?
  4. Maturola

Maturola Well-Known Member

You should be able to connect to an Adhoc connection without Wifi Direct , it is intended to be connected to other devices that support Wifi Direct
  5. Amaeloeze

Once connected how do you transfer files?
  6. JanComputerman

You need an app like "File Expert" free to access the file systems.
  7. Amaeloeze

Ok and then what?
  8. JanComputerman

Then you 'explore' the other device and cut and paste files back and forth just like you would with PC's.
  9. duckfeet

duckfeet Member

I do the same thing on my android galaxy nexus and nexus7, which is go to google play and install OI File Manager

Then just use the little usb cable that comes with the nexus7 and plug it into whatever computer I"m wanting to transfer from, and when you plug in a window should pop up, asking you want to 'open device to transfer files' and then you can transfer files. I usually drag and dope, after first opening up my file manager so I can see the different folders/directories. But it's pretty simple.

I read a lot, so I"m always putting online books into different formats--using the wonderful app, Calibre--and then moving ebook files onto my Kindle or my Nexus7.

Have fun! :)