1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Wifi Disconnecting Constantly

1. Amanda100100

Amanda100100 New Member

Hi There

I actually have an Optimus P970, but I cannot find a thread here related to the device.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their LG mobile.

I am having trouble staying connected to my wifi in work. I have been successful in connecting to my home router and connects just fine, seems to be my work router. When I try to connect it just says "sanning" then "disconnected". The only way it connects is if I forget the network, turn the wifi off then on again, then enter the security key for my works router and it connects for a time then disconnect again after about 5minutes.

I previously had an iPhone 3gs and once I had connected to the same router first time with this mobile I had no issues thereafter and always connected to the network automatically when in range of it. So I am assuming it is my mobile that has the issue as everyone elses laptops and mobile work just fine with it.

I am not sure if there must be some setting in my phone I need to adapt in order to stay connected to this device, if any one can help it would be greatly apprecieated.

Thank you

Amanda

Advertisement
  2. eblywheat

eblywheat Member

Hi, I had exactly the same problem, i THINK mine is solved and i hope this is how..

If you go on settings > Wireless and networks > wifi settings and then press press the bottom left button on the phone to bring up 'scan and advanced' > advanced > wifi sleep policy > never

I hope this helps :)
    Amanda100100 likes this.
  3. Amanda100100

Amanda100100 New Member

I have tried that and it seems to have worked for a while then it just disconnected again! Grrrrr Thanks for reply anyway :)
  4. HamedM

HamedM New Member

I second that.

I have the exact same phone with the exact same problem.

After a little while, Wifi disconnects. :-/

Could you find any solution?