• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi dropouts with XiiaLive

Evo4sickness

Android Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2010
Whats up people I just got my Evo this past monday have been waiting since the day it got out and could not be more insanely extatic about my phone. I also have dowloaded the XIIA live and its amazing app but Iam posting to find out about the drop outs which make no sense on Wifi. I dont understand how it could be dropping on wifi does anyone know how thats possible with a great wifi home connections thanks.

I use XiiaLive, along with other streaming apps A LOT. Broadcast radio stinks after all.

I really haven't had any issues specific to XiiaLive like this, though I am primarily on 3G when I listen to it (in the car).

But... It's not uncommon with any of the streaming apps I use (XiiaLive, Pandora, Subsonic, etc...) to occasionally get a drop out. It doesn't always have to be because of something on your end though... A lot of stuff between the device and the provider to go wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones