WiFi dropping

1. Hi

My wifi keeps dropping since last night, have the phone almost 2 years, never any wifi issues, restarted router, restarted phone, unchecked and checked use maximum wifi, all other phones and laptop working fine on wifi.. when I have the phone beside the router it has full signal, as soon as i step away it starts dropping until its gone.. downstairs now just under the room where the router is and its on and off at just the first dot..

its on gingerbread..

so annoying

any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

Is mobile data on?
  3. Ive tried it with it on and it it off, makes no difference.. i think maybe the wifi antenna has come loose?
  4. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

5. BrutalUK

Oh and check the battery cover in that it is correctly fitted and that the contacts are clean and dust free.
    ral likes this.
  6. thanks so much for the replies, ive tried all those and nothing.. tried the fix my wifi app too, it said it fixed it but it didnt :(:(
  7. BrutalUK

Well I guess if you've tried everything it must be hardware related. Have you tried the phone at a different location such as a friends house? Are you rooted by any chance?
  8. thanks for the reply, yes tried it in my brothers house, same scenario, only works while sitting at the router. not rooted..

i think its hardware at this point, i cant be without the phone so ill have to live with it til i get a new phone in the next couple of weeks & then get it looked at..?
  9. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Sorry. Covered already (read before posting, read before posting, read before posting).
  10. yep always in a case, but ive tried it with and without the case on... so annoying
  11. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Prolly won't be the solution, but have you tried rebooting the router? One of the other guides had a similar problem and that did the trick :)
  12. yep that was the first thing i did..

Im lost without wifi on my phone, 3g is so bloody slow!
  13. D-U-R-X

I thought you prolly would have!

I know what you mean... not a very good signal where I live!

How long has it been doing this? Have you tried a static IP address?
  14. D-U-R-X

This might be helpful...
  15. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I don't know. In this case there is a wifi signal if placed right on the router. So it sound more like a the antenna got disconnected. Since the battery cover is properly seated, the problem is likely after the copper terminals. Was looking at a video on DHD disassembly, and it is not something I would care to try.
  16. i wouldnt have the first clue about setting a static ip address!:D
    its been going on for a few days now..

i think its the antenna has come loose...

expensive to fix?
  17. D-U-R-X

Have you had the phone from new? How long have you had it? HTC offer a 2 year warranty... they should be able to fix it free of charge :)
  18. oh really, excellent! i have it since christmas '10, so I've time!! Ill get onto that, thanks for all your help, let you know what happens ;)
  19. D-U-R-X

Yeah... if you got it on contract, you should be able to get it sorted through your provider :)