WiFi extender/enhancement?

1. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I have WiFi in my house but it is at the other end of it. Mind you its not a big house. As we all have become well aware android WiFi antenna aren't exactly powerful or durable. My of evo is so bad I have to put it next to the router. Is there a way to increase performance or speed?

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I thought I remembered you saying your phone was your only internet? Isnt that what the rooting trouble was all about?

Anyway, a weak wifi signal isn't going to be solved by any sort of app or anything like that. There is an advanced setting you can use for "best wifi performance"--but its gonna kill your battery.

I would check your router for issues. You shouldn't have to place the phone next to the router for it to get a signal. Even on the OG Evo. Make sure the router and phone are on compatible bands.

I would start there.
  3. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I had dropped the og several times. Its the phone. I have had exact results with every router. How do I make my WiFi best?
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

If you damaged it I wouldnt call that an issue with android wifi performance :p

Settings>wifi>settings>advanced>"best WIFI performance"
  5. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting an app to do this. Maybe a flash able or some sort of file edit to unlock the governer.
  6. syi

syi Well-Known Member

7. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

8. syi

syi Well-Known Member

I would totally shove my phone in a Pringles can to download app data faster
  9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Have you tried Wifi Analzer to see if you are having channel or naming conflicts? It's free, give it a shot.
    Rxpert83 likes this.