1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

wifi extensionsGeneral

1. smsungal

smsungal Well-Known Member

Are there any wifi apps out there that can help extend the range of my network? I am limited to using it at home and would like to use it outdoors.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

There are no apps to do that. Your issue is that your wifi signal isn't reaching your outside location. You will need to either move your wifi router closer to your outside location, or install a wifi repeater (it re-transmits the wifi signal ot extend it's range). You could also try raising your router up higher where it's at. Sometimes that helps.

I have my wifi router in my front room and can use my SGP5 in the backyard...about 30 or 40 feet away. I don't get a real strong signal, but it's enough to work. Remember, your router is just a radio transmitter/receiver. Stuff like walls, appliances, etc., can interfere with its signal. The more "line of sight" it is to your SGP, or laptop, the better it will work.
    smsungal likes this.
  3. smsungal

smsungal Well-Known Member

Hi Sideman. Where do I find this wifi repeater? Is it in the app store, or something I need to install on PC?
  4. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

it is an actual device that you put in another part off your house. it receives the wifi signal from the router and amplifies it and resends it out thus extending your wi fi range.
    smsungal likes this.