• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Wifi File Transfer in android through source code

rajesh1

Lurker
May 16, 2012
Hi ,

I want to transfer a file from one android device to another device. I got it working using bluetooth by Intent.SEND_ACTION.But the thing is that i want to transfer the file using WIFI since they dnt want using bluetooth(no support).
I tried using Socket Programming by connecting the android device through WIFI.I am facing one problem in it. I wrote server program on button click of Android Device 1 and client program on button click of Android Device 2 .Before sending the file from Android Device 2 ,i have to click the button of Android device 1 (or open the application) to open the socket.This should not happen for me.
I just want to the send the file from Android Device 2 to Android Devoce 1 and store it in the SD card.

Please help me on this.
Is there anyway to transfer the file using Intent.SEND_ACTION through WIFI so that sending device can transfer file independent of receiving device.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones