wifi g3 switchingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Robin88525

Robin88525 New Member This Topic's Starter

When you have wifi turned on does G1 automatically switch bewteen g3 and wifi if available or are both working? How do you know which is working and which is faster if both available..say at home.

Advertisement
  2. kennyizcool

kennyizcool New Member

When wifi is available the G1 will choose wifi over 3G. Once you out of range of you wifi it will automatically switch back to 3G.

The G1 does not use both at the same time. Its one or the other.

3. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

Also, it's not going to be a seamless switch. That is, let's say you're listening to streaming audio via Wifi. If you leave your house and switch over to 3G, the audio stream will drop and you'll have to re-initiate the stream.

4. Dimath

Dimath Active Member

Can you listen streaming audio on G1??

5. richy240

Yes, of course. Check out "imeem" in the Market. I ♥ that app. :D There are others too, but I haven't tried them yet.

6. Dimath

Dimath Active Member

Ah, know that one! It's good, but... would be really great to have something just to listen Internet streaming radio stations, last.fm, pandora etc...

7. richy240

Uh, that's what imeem is - it's just like Pandora for the iPhone (for all intents and purposes; it looks and works very similarly). Also, a last.fm client just showed up on the Market, but I haven't installed it.

8. Dimath

Dimath Active Member

I actually changed my mind about imeem - it's pretty good! Especially compare with existing last.fm application which is kind of laggy.

9. richy240

Now if only their library were bigger...

10. STORM3333

STORM3333 Well-Known Member

From what i notice with my android, wi-fi is favored but when you are not able to recieve it you get switched to 3g

11. atelesco

atelesco Member

I have a new Samsung i9000 Galaxy S and when I leave a wifi area or it fails to connect to a wifi, it does not switch to 3g. I need to go to Airplane mode and back to get it to switch. I have change the wifi sleep mode to never when plugged in, did not help. I have talked with Samsung and they just said to do a factory reset which I would like to avoid. Any Ideals?