WiFi has decided to stop working...Support

Last Updated:

1. swissdiss

swissdiss New Member This Topic's Starter

I was connected to my home wifi last night, and this morning, woke up, and it was shut off. I proceeded to reconnect, and it says "Unable to scan" and just shuts the wifi off, leaving me with just the 3G. I have not been able to connect to the wifi ANYWHERE now. I have checked and rechecked my wifi sleep policy (it's on NEVER By the way) and I am at a loss as to what to check next. I have two more days to decide if I am going to keep this phone, and this wifi issue will be a deal breaker. I have had the same apps in the phone since day 1 and I did not update the phone until about 2pm today.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

For your home wifi try hiring the menu button/settings/wireless & network/wifi settings.
    Make sure the first twi boxes are checked. Scroll down and find you're wifi connection and connected.

3. swissdiss

I'm afraid this doesn't just happen on the house wifi, it's all wifi anywhere. The instructions you've given me aren't quite clear.

EDITED: I get what you're saying. Um...both buttons were turned on, and they auto shut off when it says "Unable to scan network". The phone literally just shuts off my wifi when it says this. What is going on?

4. swissdiss

/bump
    This suggestion didn't solve my problem. Still looking for other ideas.