WIFI Help!Support

Last Updated:

1. satcomland

satcomland New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I am in a deployed location in Afghanistan and within my compound, we utilize satellite internet and broadcast it via WIFI just for us who have paid. Some of the guys here have implemented a few security features so other people around us can hack our network. The WIFI is encrypted with WPA2 and a password. After that to surf on the internet on my laptop I have to input a proxy address of 10.10.8.2, I can connect to the wireless via my Desire, but I cant surf the internet, check email, or do anything that requires a data connection. Other people here have no problem getting their Ipod touches and Iphones on the WIFI. Is there some setting I am over looking because to me there are not a lot of settings I can change in the first place. If I need to download a program to help, please give info how to do so without an internet connection directly on the phone. Thank you if you have read this far and for any help you can give me

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

The desire can't use proxys

3. deeplyconfused

deeplyconfused Active Member

I just don't understand why the Desire is missing such basic functionality. Is there some technical reason why no one has written an app to solve the problem?

I'm starting to miss my iPhone :eek:

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Froyo allows proxies.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

use of one the rooting guides and get froyo, then you can like nx1977 says

6. anjillan

anjillan New Member

i am having the same issue with my Sony Ericsson Arc Running on Android 2.3.2, which has no option to put in proxy settings for a wifi AP.

is there any solution to this...??? any cracks or hacks on this please...!!!