• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I am trying to connect to my home wifi, its WEP security on a linksys router, but every time i try to connect it says unable to connect, also idk if there is supposed to be a wifi icon on the top bar but it does not show one at all, appreciate any feedback

There should be an icon, but only after it connects, so you should see that after you get it figured out. If you really want to check, go somewhere like McDonald's or Starbucks that has free wi-fi to make sure it isn't something with the phone.

More technically, please upgrade, or have someone upgrade, your encryption to WPA or higher, WEP is so insecure, like shutting the front door to your house, it just stops someone from breaking in momentarily. Also, make sure the router is set to provide enough IP addresses for the number of devices that are or recently have connected to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones