Wifi Hotspot app for Gingerbread Charge, no rootGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dricket

dricket Member

Hi Droid Charge fans,

I believe this is the only wifi hotspot app for that works for Droid Charge with gingerbread and no root:

Free version: (Limited to 2 days + 5 minutes/day)

The Pro version is $14.99 through Android Market or PayPal:

I haven't seen any complaints from Verizon about using this app, but it is possible they might block it in the future. (I'm the developer)

Questions? Email hotspot@svtechpartners.com

Thank you, Android Forums, for allowing tethering discussion now.

Amrov and GrammieDroid like this.
  2. WildH

WildH Well-Known Member

This app works awesome! Thanks!
  3. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Well-Known Member

Been using this for several months. No problem. Easy and fast. One nite at my cousin's we connected a laptop, tablet, kindle and a netbook. We all had fun.
  4. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

I am trying the demo version and this is amazing. No root and super easy to install and use. I'm on 4G and it's very fast! Thanks!!
  5. geoclooney

geoclooney New Member

Love this app!

One question that's been floating around: Any concern about the new update affecting this or other tethering/hotspot apps? I know that "remote diagnostics" has to be enabled by the user in order to run, but considering the aggressiveness with which this update is being pushed (I've clicked "Install Later" about 100 times in the past 3-4 days) I'm a little nervous.

I saw on another board that a different hotspot app continued to work after the update. But my concern would be that "remote diagnostics" might hunt down eventually catch up to all tethering/hotspot apps. Maybe I'm being paranoid. Can anyone verify that 3rd party tethering/hotspot apps can continue to run undetected after the update?
  6. WildH

WildH Well-Known Member

Works fine after the update.
  7. awd

awd Well-Known Member

what abt foxfi?
  8. dynacopas

dynacopas New Member

this app works perfect. Bought the pro as the lite trial was done.
  9. graybeardnc

graybeardnc Active Member

FoxFi works great on stock phone.
  10. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Also works fine on my rooted Eclipse phone.