1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Wifi hotspot not working!!Support

1. sofabstar08

sofabstar08 New Member

I bought my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray 1 month ago because it has a feature that can share its wifi to another device. I tried using it to my ipad 2, it is connected but the internet does not work at all. I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace that I use as a hotspot to my ipad it did work fine, I do not know what's the problem with my ray. Hope I could get a response.

OS version of my Ray is 2.3.3

Thank you! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Your problem could be one of two things. Either you may have the WAP settings and not the Internet APN. This will mean the phone can do some basic browsing but things like wireless tethering would not work; or you may need to have your network active this for you as I have found many networks need to set this up on their end for you. Please contact your current network provider to discus these two issues.
    sofabstar08 likes this.
  3. sofabstar08

sofabstar08 New Member

"Either you may have the WAP settings and not the Internet APN."

----WHAT IS WAP SETTINGS AND INTERNET APN?? how can i fix it?? my phone can do internet browsing but when I connect it to my ipad it does not work.. I did not change anything.. I am thinking that my tethering is weak?? :( I am gonna cry now.
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Sorry I should have explained further. Basically you need to contact your current network provider and say: "Can you please send me my Internet and not WAP settings? Also can you please make sure my account is setup for tethering support?" They will know what you mean and should be able to sort this out for you.