1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

WiFi Hotspot password

1. GaryBC

GaryBC Member

Hi guys

From time to time I use my HTC Desire as a WiFi hotspot and connect my laptop to the web that way.

How do I change the factory set password to something more personal and secure? (I'd like to change the "Router Name (SSID)" to something more personal too - but that's not so important to me.)

In the WiFi security settings page I find the current password. I overtype it with a secure one but there's no "save" option. Hitting the 'back' button doesn't save my changes as, next time I look, it's gone back to the factory setting.

Help!

Cheers,
    Gaz

Advertisement
  2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

I'd guess it varies depending on what version of Android you're running. I've got Gingerbread installed (dGB) and for me it's in Settings->Wireless and Networks->Tethering and Portable hotspot->Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings->Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot

I can't imagine it being anywhere but the Wi-Fi setting somewhere.

Oh, I see you've found the setting, how do you know it's reverting if you always over-type it ?