WiFi hotspotSupport

1. Dllist

Dllist Member

Hi all,
    I managed to get the WiFi hotspot working on my VM Intercept by downloading the quick settings app, and it broadcasts a network called android ap, but it is password protected (wpa). Any ideas what the password might be? I tried my phone # with and without 1 and area code, but nothing works.

Advertisement
  2. Hooligan77

Hooligan77 Well-Known Member

I could never get it going with quick settings, but I got it going with super tool box and i can't get past that same point either. I noticed on the notification area, it gives me a choice to "Tap" for hotspot settings, but it won't open that up at all.
  3. Dllist

Dllist Member

I have the same problem. The "tap for settings" in notification bar does not work. I tried my pone number (xxxxxxx) with area code (859xxxxxxx) and with 1 (1859xxxxxxx) as the WPA password and none of them work.
  4. Hooligan77

Hooligan77 Well-Known Member

Same here, haven't been able to figure out that damn password!!
  5. cygnusrider

cygnusrider New Member

What version of Android are all of you using? The Intercept that I just purchased (from Target in Henrietta, NY) came with v2.2.2. I too am hoping to be able to set it up as a wireless hotspot.
  6. bigbubba

bigbubba Well-Known Member

it won't be unless your root it and void your warranty, Hot Spot and tethering is blocked by VM it is against the terms of service
  7. leonard26

leonard26 Active Member

I use a app called Intercept Root to temp root it then use Barnacle to tether over wifi. Works great.
  8. IceColdGlacier

IceColdGlacier Well-Known Member

Foxfi. My roommates loved it since the school have no wifi... Only my room have it. lol... Sneaky sneaky sneaky me.