wifi hotspotGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So how much do you think Verizon will charge for the mobile hotspot feature when it comes to the incredible via froyo? Considering the pre has the service for free.

Advertisement
  2. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Same as USB tethering.

3. dmiller2007

That doesn't seem right to provide one phone a free service and charge another phone for the same service

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

That's capitalism for ya ;)

5. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

Right now till rooted I am running pdanet and connectify which allows me to be a wifi hotspot... other laptops connect just fine and speeds are fairly good

dmiller2007 likes this.
  6. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

It does when they're trying to get rid of inventory.

7. dmiller2007

Well I'm well aware of why they did it for the pre. I just didn't look at it like the "promotion" it must be just to sell devices. Kind of a bummer tho. I'll have to try pdanet and connectify.

8. cannadroid6203

cannadroid6203 Active Member

This is one aspect that pisses me off about Verizon. I currently have an unlimited data plan, how can they get off charging me more to use data when I currently have an unlimited plan?

They can't claim that they are charging for the feature itself as it comes with 2.2 and they had nothing to do with its development. I have very little need for the tethering option as I don't have a laptop, it just irritates me that they charge for a feature they have nothing to do with on top of my unlimited data plan.

The sales rep at the VZW store actually tried defending it by saying "you have to think from the corporations point of view." I'm sorry, what? From the corporations point of view? They aren't already making enough money so they need to hit me for an additional data fee each month? BS!!!! This is plain profiteering, but as irritating as it is, they have every right to do it.