• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WiFi hotspot

DeMajrea

Mar 20, 2014
Hello,

I have the basic $60 unlimited data plan with Metro PCS. I had to trade in my MS770 which had free unlimited hotspot with this same plan.
I'm new to programming / editing phones, but have a better an average knowledge of computers.
Really, I'm only looking to replace the roll my MS770 played to provide hotspot of my gaming phone and laptop.
If I have to root - OK... Please post me the link. (Yes, I can see the ones posted here).

Currently still on factory settings.
Kernel 3.10.49
Build LRX22G
software MS34510b

So I'm greatful for any sort of walkthrough and advice.
Just to be clear, I want to set my MS345 as a hotspot for other devices.

I have to $40 unlimited with the hotspot. I bought the phone and that was the promo they were running. I paid the bill and its now $50 with hotspot. I called metro and that's the new plan. I was under the other one. Anyways WiFi tether root has always worked for me. To me it pulls data yet doesn't eat it all up like the stock hotspot. Metro piece of %%%#

Upvote 0
I have to $40 unlimited with the hotspot. I bought the phone and that was the promo they were running. I paid the bill and its now $50 with hotspot. I called metro and that's the new plan. I was under the other one. Anyways WiFi tether root has always worked for me. To me it pulls data yet doesn't eat it all up like the stock hotspot. Metro piece of %%%#
You should be able to get grandfathered in at your original price - unless you got notice or gapped service. When you call - tell the first that you call that you need to be "expedited" to a supervisor... First rule in most customer service positions is finish all contact at their level. Which a level 1 CSR is not going to be able to do for you. Worse that happens is your told "no" again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones