1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Wifi - How do I assign a static IP?General

1. clio197

clio197 Member

I am having issues with Wifi at home. My phone is telling me that I am connected and I have full strength signal but I cant get on Twitter or browse the web etc. Will assigning a static IP make a difference and if so what do I need to do? Many thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It can do, in previous versions of Android, it's made a difference.

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi -> Long Press your Wireless Network -> Modify Network -> Show Advanced Options -> IP Settings -> Static.

It's there or thereabouts anyway, I'm not quite running a stock ROM so the path may be a little different for you.
  3. me too

me too Member

Are you a BT customer, by any chance? If you are, it's worth noting that your Homehub will have 2 WiFI networks in use. In addition to your private network, there's a public one - BTFon - available to other BT customers. I have this setup, and occasionally the BT authentication fails and I get exactly the symptoms you described.
    Either switch to the private network, or login to BTFon again.
  4. clio197

clio197 Member

Thanks for the replies. I am on Sky Broadband. I have managed to find the settings on the phone, it was more the router side of things I am struggling with, its a black Sagem one.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Do you have the exact model number of your router?

Sorting it on the phone should do the job though, are you still having an issue?
  6. clio197

clio197 Member

Think I may have sorted it out, seems to be working at the minute anyway. Thanks for the assistance, I will be back if it goes belly up again!