• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi, internet no go

Hi I have recently notice something called purity on my phone (it appeared after I ran an upgrade) it seems to be an app telling we where wifi hot spots are and should help me to connect to them BUT I am having problems and don't seem to be able to connect at all - tried signing to my email and facebook in several locations and can't get anything,previously I have connected to my home broadband (not sure if this is internet or wifi as I don't know the difference) and had timescape constantly updating but it got tto much so i turned timescape off, tried turning that back on in case I had done something silly but nothing has changed.
I am not much good with things techy so am fluttering my eyelashes and smiling sweetly in the hope some clever soul will help:eek:;)
Thanks
I have tried the airplane mode switch off/on but no change.

Do you own a Droid Incredible because that's the forum your thread ended up in and it doesnt match your listed device. At any rate though, at Menu, Settings, Wireless and networks, is WiFi checked? Also, if you press WiFi settings, you can check the option to be notified when an open WiFi connection is available. If you have a market app managing all this, you might try uninstalling it to see if the problem goes away. The other possibility is that if your phone updated its OS, you may need to re-enter the network password if a given connection is password protected. This is done at the WiFi settings option, then press on the desired connection and add the proper WEP/WPA key.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones