• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi is On But Can't Download Apps

I know this is not a new issue, but it's really bugging. I installed ADSL last week and my internet works fine (sometimes, I'm thinking about getting a new router, this one is cheap), even on my phone (Samsung Google Nexus S), except when I'm trying to download apps on Play Store. It keeps waiting for download for ages and won't do anything.
I've seen several people here with the same problem, so I guess it's not an odd thing, but they can't seem to have found a solution either.
My router is an ADB and it works fine when it's loading pages on my phone, except downloading apps from the market.
Any help please?

Do you get the progress bar, then nothing?

Connect your phone to your PC, copy across the folders Android_secure and LOST.DIR. Once done, disconnect your phone from the PC, delete those folders from your phones SD Card, reboot the phone then try again.

I encountered a similar issue a while back on one of my previous handsets and that sorted it for me.

Upvote 0
Do you get the progress bar, then nothing?

Connect your phone to your PC, copy across the folders Android_secure and LOST.DIR. Once done, disconnect your phone from the PC, delete those folders from your phones SD Card, reboot the phone then try again.

I encountered a similar issue a while back on one of my previous handsets and that sorted it for me.

You mean, copy those files to my PC and then delete them from my SDCard? I guess I can do it with SD Maid, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones