WiFi issue not turning on.Support

1. clonedr

clonedr Member

I bought the volt about a month ago love it. But I came across an issue with WiFi. If I turn off WiFi and turn on LTE network the WiFi won't turn back on it just sits there and doesn't come back on until I restart the phone. Is this a KitKat 4.4.1 issue or phone issue. Can someone else try it and let me know the results? Someone made a suggestion that if it gets stuck turn on airplane mode and then turn it off. Which in effect actually restarts all communication. Is a soft reboot. Just tried the airplane mode thing it doesn't work. Only a full reboot works.

Advertisement
    :
  2. JoeSchmoe717

JoeSchmoe717 Active Member

Have you tried disabling the Connections Optimizer? (Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Connections Optimizer).
    clonedr likes this.
  3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

Yeah, try disabling connections optimizer. I haven't had this problem, but I have pretty good Wi-Fi. If you're internet isn't better than your LTE service then it won't switch over. Otherwise, have you uninstalled any system apps if you're rooted? Might need to go exchange it. There seems to have been a relatively high percentage of faulty phones based on what I've seen here. :/
    clonedr likes this.
  4. clonedr

clonedr Member

Wow thanks for the suggestion. I saw that optimizer but didn't think that would be the culprit. Turned it off and rebooted phone now I can switch manually between wifi and boost data network. So I turned connection optimizer back on and it still works. That was a strange glitch. :)
  5. Sax

Sax Guest

I had a situation with Connections Optimizer that when frozen in App Quarantine and I turned on WiFi it listed AP's, but when I connected to one it would stay connected for about 30sec. and would then disconnect.
    I unfroze it and WiFi connection would stick.

Figured I would throw this in here as I'm sure someone else will eventually encounter this also.

Hope this helps :)

-=Thanks are always appreciated and Happy Modding=-